|Fancy Nancy Every Day Is Earth Day
Contributor(s): O'Connor, Jane, Preiss-Glasser, Robin (Illustrator), Ivanov, Aleksey (Illustrator), Ivanov, Olga (Illustrator)
ISBN: 0061873268 ISBN-13: 9780061873263
Publisher: Harpercollins Childrens Books
OUR PRICE: $3.60
Product Type: Paperback - Other Formats
Published: February 2010
* Publisher temporarily out of stock at this time *Annotation: When Nancy, the girl who loves to use fancy words, learns about Earth Day and "being green" at school, her enthusiasm causes problems at home as she tries to teach her family all about respecting the environment. Simultaneous. 350,000 first printing.
|Library of Congress Subjects: |
- Earth Day; Fiction.
- Environmental protection; Fiction.
- Family life; Fiction.
|BISAC Categories: |
- Juvenile Fiction | Readers
- Juvenile Fiction | Nature & The Natural World | Environment
- Juvenile Fiction | Humorous Stories
|Lexile Measure: 350|
|Academic/Grade Level: Grade 1-2, Age 6-7|
|Series: I Can Read. Level 1|
|Book type: Easy Fiction|
|Physical Information: 8.75" H x 6.00" W x 0.25" (0.15 lbs) 32 pages|
|Accelerated Reader Info|
|Quiz #: 136736
Reading Level: 2.2 Interest Level: Lower Grades Point Value: 0.5
|Scholastic Reading Counts Info|
|Quiz #: Q50184
Reading Level: 2.3 Interest Level: Grades 3-5 Point Value: 1.0
|Descriptions, Reviews, Etc.
Reviewed by Horn Book Guide Reviews (Horn Book Guide Reviews 2010 Fall)
In Earth Day, Nancy inadvertently disrupts her home life in an effort to protect the planet. In School, she has trouble coming up with one hundred "imaginative and fancy" things to share on the hundredth day of school. As always with this somewhat rote series, the tempest-in-a-teapot plots will entertain readers, as will the bedazzling Robin Preiss Glasser impostor art. Glos. [Review covers these I Can Read Book titles: Fancy Nancy: Every Day is Earth Day and Fancy Nancy: The 100th Day of School.] Copyright 2010 Horn Book Guide Reviews.